Chinese vlogger accidentally poisons herself while biting plant on live stream

0
156

BEIJING: Avlogger reportedly accidentally poisoned herself while eating what she thought was Aloe Vera.

The Chinese social media star, who goes by the name Ms Zhang, was videoing herself to demonstrate the health benefits of the plant.

However, she had bought the wrong type of plant and it did not have any health benefits at all – in fact, it was poisonous.
A video of her show has been passed around various Chinese websites, after it became apparent that she had poisoned herself.

At first, Ms Zhang is heard saying “yum” and “this is great”.

Things shortly turned sour when she realised there was a problem, complaining the plant tasted “bitter”.

Her mouth went numb and her throat felt like it was “on fire”.

According to local reports, the hospital told her she had in fact consumed the dangerous plant.
The Shanghaiist reported that doctors found the vlogger had broken out in rashes and blisters and were forced to pump her stomach.

She is reportedly now in a stable condition.

The agave plant has culinary uses, for example in tequila, but needs careful preparation.

According to Cornell University, the agave plant can be toxic.

It says: “Agave americana has several toxic compounds, not all of which have been positively identified.

“It contains the incrediby irritating calcium oxylate raphides (microscopic daggers of crystaline oxylate) as well as some other really irritating oils in the sap”.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here